Medic One Academy Inc. Copyright * 2015 All rights reserved
Nationwide Training 877-877-9129
Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Emergency Medical Services CEH: CECBEMS
12 hours (initial), 5.25 (refresher) Advanced through Health and Safety Institute
Emergency personnel in intensive care or critical care
departments and emergency medical providers.
Training and/or education in basic cardiac rhythem
analysis (EEG interpretation) and cardiovascular pharmacology.Professional-level Basic Life Support (BLS/CPR/AED) required or included in PALS course.
Recognized certification period - two years
Recommended time to complete
- Initial training - 13 hours
- Refresher course - 6 hours
- Successful completion is based on achievement of the
core learning objectives rather than a prescribed instruction time.
- Occupational licensing boards, regulatory agencies, and other approvers may require specific hours of instruction
or other practices.
ASHI Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
This program was created to provide healthcare professionals with training in the recognition and treatment of conditions that may lead to cardiopulmonary arrest in an infant or child.
Successful completion (certification)
- Complete all course requirements as provided by an authorized ASHI Instructor
- Written Exam - Required. Passing score of 71% or
- Performance Evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to
direct the initial emergency care for a pediatric patient
in two randomly selected cases/scenarios:
- Upper airway obstruction
- Lower airway obstruction
- Tachycardia with adequate perfusion
- Tachycardia with inadequate perfusion
- Symptomatic bradycardia
- Absent/pulseless rhythms
- Hypovolemic shock